Join us for a day in the woods and learn the basics of bushcraft and survival! At this small adult only event, you will be introduced to the woodland environment and skills that will help you to utilise the natural resources you find. Starting at our woodland base camp, harvest natural materials, practice tool use, fire lighting, campcraft and shelter building. No experience is necessary, this course will be suitable for attendees from all levels including complete beginners to those who want to brush up on their skills. The day will include an authentic woodland campfire lunch around the fire circle.
What will you do during the day?
- Harvest natural materials from the woodland
- Tool use including knife, folding saw and bow saw
- Campcraft & whittling (tent peg making)
- Introduction to fire starting including fire steels, fire by friction, tinder bundles, fire lays and maintenance
- Shelter building and basic knots.
What will I need?
- Appropriate clothing for the weather. Long trousers and tops should be worn in the summer to reduce the risk of ticks.
- Waterproof jacket
- Suitable footwear – no open toes, heels
- Insect repellent (essential), suncream if appropriate
- Water or another drink
- You are welcome to bring your own equipment. However we do have specific tools we use for the course and these are provided by us, and you are not expected to bring any.
- Tea, coffee and tools/equipment provided
Dates: 12th May, 23rd June, 7th July, 8th September, 13th October 2018.
Times: 10am - 2pm
Price: £60 (A non-refundable deposit of £25 is required to confirm your space. Full payment will be payable 14 days before the start of the course date).
Note: We will send out a course itinerary and kit list for participants nearer the time of your booking.